- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar nominee James Caan will voice an animated chili pepper on kids’ web series The Annoying Orange, a rep for OpenFilm.com confirms to The Hollywood Reporter exclusively.
Caan, who is the chairman of OpenFilm.com, makes his debut as the “suave and debonair” Jalepeno in an episode to air Friday afternoon. His counterpart on the show is an “energetic citrus with zest for telling jokes and doing tricks on his fellow vegetable and fruit friends.”
The Annoying Orange, created by Dane Boedigheimer for Gag Films, has garnered more than 200 million views on YouTube since its October 2009 inception, and is one of the site’s top 10 most subscribed channels.
Caan’s appearance is the first by an actor.
“It’s amazing what the Internet can do for independent artists,” Caan, who agreed to lead OpenFilm.com last year, tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. “The studio movies of today are mostly grand productions. For those people who want to make smaller, more character-driven stories for the big screen, the Internet offers incredible opportunities for them to gain initial exposure and momentum for their films.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day