- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Podcast studio QCODE is teaming with YouTube creator Mark Fischbach for its next scripted story.
Fischbach, known to his 24 million subscribers as Markiplier, is set to co-produce and star in audio drama The Edge of Sleep. In it, he will play a night watchman who discovers that everyone who went to sleep the previous night has died. He and a band of survivors try to stay awake as they look for answers.
Edge of Sleep is the first project to emerge from QCODE’s new Wood Elf label, which focuses on matching digital creators with original narrative genre podcasts.
The series was created by Jake Emanuel and Willie Block. Additional castmembers include Cara Santana, Victor Rasuk, Pat Healy, Marcia Cross, Alex Essoe, Joshua Leonard, Rob Morrow and Rose Gilroy.
Fischbach rose to fame on YouTube for his comedic gaming-centric channel. He now has more than 47 million follows across his social platforms and is set to star in forthcoming YouTube original interactive series A Heist With Markiplier, which he also wrote and directed. He is repped by WME, Daylight, Kovert Creative and Hansen Jacobson Teller.
Los Angeles-based QCODE is behind the scripted apocalyptic thriller podcast Blackout, starring and produced by Rami Malek.
The Edge of Sleep debuts Sept. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day