- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The untitled series will release on Discovery+ in 2022 and include celebrity interviews from the tour, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.
“Jason, Sean and Will are three absolute legends who have accomplished so much in this industry — from comedy to drama, on the stage and to our screens,” Lisa Holme, Discovery Inc.’s group svp of content and commercial strategy, said. “As they are now conquering the world of podcasts, we’re excited to show an entirely new side of them in this docuseries, where we will have incredible access to all the behind-the-scenes moments from what is sure to be an insightful and hilarious tour.”
SmartLess — which has featured a slew of high-profile guests like Vice President Kamala Harris, George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler — first launched in July 2020 and has since become one of the top shows in the U.S. In July, Amazon acquired the exclusive rights to the podcast in a deal worth upwards of $80 million. In July, the podcast trio announced they were going on a six-city tour beginning in February, with the tour ending in Los Angeles.
The Discovery+ deal with SmartLess was brokered by Aleen Keshishian of Lighthouse Management & Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day