- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Snapchat is redesigning its Discover platform in a move to combine its popular Stories feature with content curated by its media partners.
The messaging app began rolling out the changes Tuesday, allowing people to subscribe to Discover channels like ESPN, Cosmopolitan and BuzzFeed. Updates from a channel that a user has subscribed to will now appear in the Stories section of Snapchat, where people see public feeds from their friends.
The Discover page also has been redesigned to feature photos and a short headline explaining what each channel is offering that day.
These changes are designed to help boost viewership of Snapchat’s Discover channels, a feature that the start-up launched last year with a small group of partners. There are 19 partners on the platform today.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America