- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The artist who depicted a naked, three-legged Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez in a sculpture earlier this year has made Steve Jobs his latest subject.
In “Tribute for Steve Jobs,” the Apple co-founder is shown with eyes closed, presumably dead as he rests on a pillow with Toy Story character Woody perched on his shoulder holding apple blossoms as a tear falls from his eye.
Daniel Edwards says he was inspired to do the piece because “fitting” tributes to Jobs have been scare, “I expected televised tributes similar to Michael Jackson’s, as much as the iPhone has embedded itself into the lifestyles of many, many, many people’s lives.
“I’m inclined to believe that too many people are either apathetic, or simply don’t know that Steve Jobs was the man behind a lot of the cool gadgets that so many of us can’t live without,” he concluded.
Jobs is gaunt and shirtless in the bronze, which has an apple blossom sprig placed over his heart.
Cory Allen, Edwards’ rep, explained the Toy Story star’s presence in a statement, “Steve Jobs made a lot of kids happy when he co-founded Pixar – Woody and Buzz Lightyear have been personal favorites in our house.”
Edwards has previously made sculptures of Amy Winehouse, Paris Hilton and a naked, pregnant Britney Spears.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day