- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Terence Winter, the creator of Boardwalk Empire and executive producer of The Sopranos, is launching an ad-supported streaming network next year under Infamous Media, a newly formed independent media company Winter co-founded with Joe Poletto, a former HBO executive.
Infamous Media’s streaming offering will have free, ad-supported channels available to users; one of the first channels will be focused on mafia and other mob-related TV shows, movies and documentaries. The company currently has distribution deals with Plex, KlowdTV and LG Europe, and the first channel is expected to launch early in 2022.
“America’s fascination with the underworld and true crime continues to grow,” Winter said in a statement. “We’re excited to bring compelling and elevated new content from the genre to our audience through the branded channels of Infamous Media.”
Poletto, who founded the production company Asterlight, added, “I’m thrilled to be working with Terry Winter in this new partnership. Terry is one of the very best creative forces in the business, and audiences around the world appreciate him for the in-depth knowledge and shocking fresh perspective he brings to his work, especially when writing about the mob and organized crime.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day