- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TikTok creators can upload their most entertaining videos with the tag #WWEAnnouncerContest, and WWE will select two of the best performers to head to Allegiant Stadium to announce one match each. The remaining matches will be split between the SmackDown and Raw ring announcers, which have included JoJo Offerman and Greg Hamilton.
WWE, which has 11.7 million followers on TikTok, has been building out its relationships with creators on TikTok. Earlier this month, WWE began recruiting for Superstars through the TikTok Resumes program, which allows users to upload videos that act as their resumes and applications. The Superstars search will culminate in a multi-day talent tryout in Las Vegas that will be part of this year’s SummerSlam, WWE said.
“Our engagement on TikTok to date has been incredible and we couldn’t think of a better platform to help us find the next great ring announcer,” Steve Braband, WWE’s vp of digital media, said in a statement.
The pay-per-view event will stream exclusively on Peacock on August 21. The winning TikTok creators who will serve as the ring announcers will be announced on WWE’s TikTok channel on August 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day