- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Periscope may be the next frontier in the agency world’s ongoing gold rush for digital talent.
The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned that UTA has signed Amanda Oleander, a visual artist and E! illustrator who has become one of the live-streaming app’s biggest breakouts. She’s the first major personality from Periscope to sign with a talent agency.
Other digital stars grew their popularity on other platforms before expanding to Periscope, but Oleander is considered the first new-media personality native to the platform. Since registering her account two days after Periscope launched in March, she has amassed more than 250,000 followers and more than 30 million hearts for her live videos. Oleander’s “scopes” include her art-making process, cooking and tours of Los Angeles, where she currently resides.
UTA was an early adopter of new media talent, launching its digital department way back in 2003. The agency has signed Oleander in all areas and intends to help expand her brand both online as well as in more traditional areas of entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day