- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vine star Nash Grier already shares much of his life with his 12.2 million followers. Now he’s taking it one step further with an autobiographical documentary.
The film, which is heading into production and plans to wrap in the spring of next year, will use documentary segments and comedic pieces to chart how Grier has become a social media star in a few short years.
In addition, Grier is shopping a behind-the-scenes docuseries, which is being shot simultaneously with the documentary and will focus on how his life changes in the process of making the film, from the moment production begins to the day after the premiere. Grier is co-producing both projects through his NSHT LLC production company alongside IMG Original Content.
Grier, 17, rose to popularity for his six-second comedy Vines in 2013 and today boasts 3.2 billion loops. Recently, he expanded beyond Vine into acting with The Outfield, a film from Fullscreen that co-stars fellow Viner Cameron Dallas and is being released Nov. 10 on iTunes. Earlier this year, Grier and younger brother Hayes Grier signed an exclusive two-year deal with DigiTour Media to produce all live events through 2016 as well as embark on their own world tour.
Grier is repped by WME and 26 MGMT.