- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vizrt, a provider of graphics and asset management tools for the broadcast industry that is publicly-traded in Oslo, plans to acquire LiberoVision, a Swiss company that develops technology aimed at sports broadcasting.
Both companies are suppliers to leading broadcasters including BBC in the U.K. and Germany’s ZDF.
LiberoVision products include Libero Highlight, a replay application; and Libero Offside, an instant offside analysis tool aimed at resolving disputes during soccer games.
Vizrt recently entered into a strategic agreement with Stergen?Hi-Tech, a developer of 2D-to-3D conversion software. The alliance means that the conversion system is integrated with Vizrt technology.
Per the deal with LiberoVision, Vizrt shall purchase all LiberoVision shares in three installments, based on company performance: 60%–an estimated $6.12 milllion–upon signing of the definitive agreement, 20% upon approval of 2011 financial statements, and 20% upon approval of the 2012 financial statements.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day