- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Snapchat parent company Snap Inc. has brought in a veteran media marketer to lead its sales operations.
WarnerMedia CMO Kristen O’Hara is joining the maker of the popular messaging app as vp U.S. global business solutions, a position that will put her in charge of the domestic sales business. O’Hara, who will be based out of Snap’s New York office, will start Sept. 4 and report to chief strategy officer Imran Khan.
O’Hara has worked in sales at Time Warner (renamed WarnerMedia following the company’s sale to AT&T earlier this year) for 16 years, rising up the ranks to CMO of the business, which owns Warner Bros., Turner Broadcasting and HBO.
At Snap, O’Hara will lead the recently renamed business solutions division, a role that will see her not just run sales, but also Snap’s collaboration with advertisers. She joins the company after the departure of former head of sales Jeff Lucas in February.
Snapchat currently has a user base of 100 million monthly active users in the U.S. and Canada. All told, it has 188 million daily active users around the world. The company, which launched its self-serve programmatic platform in June, grew revenue by 44 percent to $262 million during the second quarter this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day