- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
iHeartMedia and Will Packer Media, the production and branded content company led by producer Will Packer, will partner on a slate of original scripted and unscripted podcasts.
iHeartMedia and Packer previously worked together on the true-crime podcast “Fight Night,” an examination of one of Atlanta’s most infamous armed robberies that took place on the night of Muhammad Ali’s historic 1970 return to boxing. Packer and Will Packer Productions president James Lopez co-produced the series.
The new slate of podcasts will be housed on the iHeartPodcast Network, with the first project being a scripted drama series set in present-day Oakland, California set to launch in the second quarter of 2021.
“We are excited to partner with iHeartMedia to provide innovative and entertaining content to the fast-growing podcast space,” said Alix Baudin, president of Will Packer Media. “Bringing captivating audio stories to diverse audiences allows us to expand our focus across different media platforms.”
“Will Packer is one of the most groundbreaking storytellers working today and he and his team are exactly the kind of innovative partners we love to support long-term in the podcast medium,” added Conal Byrne, president of the iHeartPodcast Network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day