- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Video-sharing site YouTube experienced outages around the globe on Tuesday.
Users around the world have reported videos not working, inability to log into accounts and blank pages.
YouTube acknowledged the outage in a statement on its official Twitter account: “Thanks for your reports about YouTube, YouTube TV and YouTube Music access issues. We’re working on resolving this and will let you know once fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will keep you updated.”
Outage tracking site Down Detector showed that users in Europe, Japan, and the East and West coasts of the U.S. were particularly affected with outages, which began at 9:16 p.m. EDT.
The outage lasted for just over an hour before service began to resume around the world.
YouTube later tweeted: “We’re back! Thanks for all of your patience. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.”
Oct. 16, 8:24 p.m. Updated with the latest information from YouTube.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day