- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tyler Oakley has signed with WME as he prepares to launch a production company.
The online personality and LGBT activist began making YouTube videos in 2007 and quickly drew an audience. Today, the 28-year-old Oakley has 7.8 million subscribers and 644 million total views on his channel, where he regularly vlogs. Across all social platforms, he has over 23 million followers.
Over the last 10 years, Oakley has published a book, Binge; launched a weekly podcast, Psychobabble; and appeared in a documentary about his life, Snervous. He also has reported from the red carpet for the Grammy Awardss and the Kids’ Choice Awards. In 2016, Oakley and friend Korey Kuhl competed in the all-digital season of The Amazing Race, ultimately taking third place in the CBS competition.
Oakley’s credits also include YouTube Red’s Escape the Night and cameo roles on The Real O’Neals and The Jim Gaffigan Show.
He will continue to be repped by Flip Management’s Lisa Filipelli and the law firm Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day