Alicia Keys 'Incredibly Excited' to Perform at Super Bowl: 'It's My First Time Really Doing That'
The singer stops by THR's Sundance video lounge as she promotes her new film, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete."
"It's gonna be a good 2013," says Alicia Keys, seated within The Hollywood Reporter's Sundance video lounge on Jan. 18.
The Grammy Award-winning singer is referring to her turn as executive producer and composer on the new indie The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete as well as her just announced gig singing the National Anthem at this year's Super Bowl.
"I'm very excited to perform at the Super Bowl," she tells THR. "It's really gonna set the game off. I feel really excited about doing that, and it's my first time really doing that."
Keys joins a previously announced lineup that includes a Destiny's Child reunion during the game's halftime show. Past National Anthem performers have included Kelly Clarkson, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Whitney Houston.
Keys' Mister and Pete premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 17. The film is directed by George Tillman Jr. and stars Anthony Mackie, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'