Lil Wayne Talks Health, Retirement, Kids on 'Kimmel' (Video)
After two missed appearances, third time's the charm for the rapper and the talk show host.
Last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live, rapper Lil Wayne finally made a long-awaited appearance to discuss his health and future plans.
Wayne's arrival on the couch follows two previous missed bookings on the show, one of which was canceled as a result of his March health scare. In the clip below, the rapper explains his history of seizures.
When asked about his health scare, Wayne described a scenario that went something like this: "My homies were downstairs and they didn't even know that I was up there seizing," he said. Wayne credits those "homies," T and Fuke, for finding him and saving his life.
Kimmel went on to ask Wayne about his recent "ban" from the Miami Heat Stadium. Wayne denied it, saying, "I was too turned up that night." Ultimately, Wayne clarified, he was just supporting the Lakers.
On the topic of retirement, Wayne made it clear he doesn't plan on rapping forever. "I want to retire after Tha Carter V, which I would hope would be my last album," he said. If anything, the rapper said he wants to be more of a regular guy -- "drive a car down the street … spend quality time with my kids."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!