'300: Rise of an Empire' Trailer: More Blood, Guts and Glory (Video)
The Zack Snyder-produced sequel will hit theaters in March.
Man of Steel has yet to hit theaters, but the first look at the Zack Snyder-produced follow-up to 300 has arrived.
And 300: Rise of an Empire returns viewers to the world where the sepia-toned, blood-drenched 2007 blockbuster takes place. But this time, the big battles and slow-motion sword fighting are set on warships.
"The idea of this movie was always that it takes place at about the same time of the first one," the sequel's director Noam Murro described to MTV News. "It's as if you zoomed out and saw a bigger time frame and told a bigger story of what happened in 300."
The plot, according to the synopsis, pits Greek general "Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemisia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy."
The first film debuted in March 2007, grossing more than $200 million domestically, and went on to propel the career of director Zach Snyder to tackle other comic book adaptations, including Watchmen and Man of Steel.
The 3D film hits theaters March 7.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'