'Amazing Spider-Man 2': First Look at Paul Giamatti as The Rhino (Photo)
"Say hello to Aleksei Sytsevich," tweets the comic book film's director, Marc Webb, on Saturday.
Spider-Man fans, meet The Rhino. He looks angry.
On Saturday, Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb offered a look at Paul Giamatti as the villain in the comic book sequel. Giamatti appears to be driving a vehicle of some kind, no doubt for nefarious purposes.
"Say hello to Aleksei Sytsevich," wrote Webb on Twitter, in reference to The Rhino's non-super-villain comic book name.
As THR noted when Paul Giamatti was in talks in January to join the cast of the Sony sequel, the character of The Rhino debuted in the Spider-Man comics in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet-era bloc country.
The Amazing Spider-Man, the fourth Sony film adaptation of the Marvel comics hero, grossed over $260 million in U.S. theaters during its 2012 run.
Spider-Man 2 has set a 2014 release date.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama