'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns' Due on Blu-ray, DVD in September
As Christopher Nolan’s series of Batman films comes to a close, Warner Bros. is determined to see the character’s saga continue on the small screen. On September 25, Warner Home Video is releasing the feature-length animated adventure Batman: The Dark Knight Returns via its direct-to-DVD imprint, Warner Premiere.
Heat Vision breakdown
Borrowing its name from the iconic 1980s miniseries The Dark Knight Returns, the film promises a faithful recreation of Frank Miller’s grim re-imagining of the hero as a grizzled fiftysomething who's called back into action after Harvey Dent/ Two-Face resurfaces. Robocop star Peter Weller is set to provide the voice for Batman/ Bruce Wayne, and DC Universe veteran Wade Williams as Two-Face.
The Blu-ray features more than two hours of content, including the following materials:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “Her Name is Carrie … Her Role is Robin” – An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
• Featurette – “Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story” – A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
• Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2.
• Digital Comic – “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages).
Check out the box art for the forthcoming release above. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is due in stores September 25.
by Ryan Parker
by Rick Porter
by Scott Roxborough