'Despicable Me 2' Blimp Flies Over Los Angeles (Photo)
The 55 ft. by 165 ft. Despicablimp turned heads skyward as it promoted the Steve Carell animated movie.
Don't be alarmed, Los Angeles. This isn't part of a super-villain plot.
A blimp with a striking resemblance to a Despicable Me 2 baddie was spotted over Los Angeles Friday as part of its cross-country tour promoting the film. It came to L.A. the same day a press junket for the Steve Carell-toplined animated film was held in the city.
The Despicablimp is 55 feet high and 165 feet long and can hold eight passengers and a pilot. While it normally flies at an altitude of 1,000 feet, it can go as high as 10,000 feet to pass over a mountain range.
Despicablimp sightings lit up twitter Friday, with one woman tweeting that she ticked off people in traffic chasing the blimp around Beverly Hills, while another called it "the cutest thing."
The Despicablimp kicked off March 23 at the Kids' Choice Awards, where it was spotted flying over downtown L.A.
Interested in where you can see the Despicablimp? Track its flight path here.
Despicable Me 2, from Universal Pictures, is also voiced by Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand. It hits theaters July 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR