'Elysium' Trailer: Robots, Spaceships and Matt Damon (Video)
The sci-fi epic from “District 9” director Neill Blomkamp also stars Jodie Foster.
A new trailer for Matt Damon’s Elysium is now online, and it provides a clearer idea of the film’s scope and its characters' arcs.
The film, from District 9 director Neill Blomkamp, takes place in a future in which the poor live on Earth while the privileged live on a space station called Elysium, where poverty and illness don’t exist.
In the trailer, it’s revealed that Damon’s character (Max) has just five days to live, unless he can make it to the station where medical technology would be able to cure him. But it’s more than just Max’s fate that hangs in the balance, as he may be able to save countless others on Earth as well.
Among the trailer’s other highlights: Max (hilariously) mouthing off to robot police officers, and us getting to see Sharlto Copley (District 9) as a bearded, menacing villain.
The Columbia/Media Rights Capital film is slated for an Aug. 9 release.
Follow Heat Vision
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic