'Elysium' Trailer: Robots, Spaceships and Matt Damon (Video)
The sci-fi epic from “District 9” director Neill Blomkamp also stars Jodie Foster.
A new trailer for Matt Damon’s Elysium is now online, and it provides a clearer idea of the film’s scope and its characters' arcs.
The film, from District 9 director Neill Blomkamp, takes place in a future in which the poor live on Earth while the privileged live on a space station called Elysium, where poverty and illness don’t exist.
In the trailer, it’s revealed that Damon’s character (Max) has just five days to live, unless he can make it to the station where medical technology would be able to cure him. But it’s more than just Max’s fate that hangs in the balance, as he may be able to save countless others on Earth as well.
Among the trailer’s other highlights: Max (hilariously) mouthing off to robot police officers, and us getting to see Sharlto Copley (District 9) as a bearded, menacing villain.
The Columbia/Media Rights Capital film is slated for an Aug. 9 release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR