'Fantastic Four' Director Josh Trank Blames Studio for Poor Reviews
Josh Trank tweeted that the final version of Fantastic Four was not his own and that his version would have gotten better reviews.
The tweet, sent out on Thursday, but now deleted, claimed that Trank had a version that he was happy with a year ago and implied that the studio made changes and that his version will now never be seen, saying "that's reality though."
And Josh Trank deleted his tweet. Good news, I still have it. The oral history lives: pic.twitter.com/AnZQ6ilM9r
Heat Vision breakdown
— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) August 7, 2015
The production of Fantastic Four was plagued with problems, with The Hollywood Reporter revealing back in May that Trank's behavior and unusual conduct on set was a cause of great concern among Fox chiefs.
Insiders on the production told THR that Trank was “erratic” and at times “very isolated,” and also that the director who made his name with Chronicle did not offer clear direction, saying, "If you've got someone who can't answer questions or who isn't sure or is in hiding, that's not good."
Things on set got so bad that producers Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker had to step in to finish the film, with re-shoots just three months before opening.
Trank was set to direct the second Star Wars stand-alone project. But Kinberg, who is producing that movie, is said to have communicated his displeasure with Trank to Kathleen Kennedy and the team at Lucasfilm. Trank subsequently left the Star Wars project earlier this year.
- by Aaron Couch
- by Trilby Beresford
- by Scott FeinbergLATEST NEWS