'Fast & Furious 6' Unleashes Explosive Super Bowl Spot (Video)
Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson star in the latest installment of the high-octane franchise.
It’s “vehicular warfare” in the Super Bowl spot for Fast & Furious 6.
With Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian's (Paul Walker) crew flush with $100 million but unable to return home after a heist portrayed in the previous film, they are presented with an opportunity for redemption.
Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs) asks Dom to put together a team to stop a group of ruthless mercenary drivers -- with payment for a job well done being a full pardon.
But those details don’t really matter for the 60-second spot, which is likely the most action-packed of this year’s Big Game ads. Cars emerge from exploding planes and push the limits of physics -- even by Fast & Furious standards.
Samuel L. Jackson, for one, seems excited about the film, even if he was initially confused about which edition of the series this was.
The film stars Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky, Luke Evans and Gina Carano
The Universal Pictures film hits theaters May 24.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama