'Godzilla' Trailer: It's the End of the World as We Know It
The first trailer for Legendary's reboot of the classic monster franchise has hit the Internet, teasing destruction on a mammoth scale and offering a quick glimpse of the eponymous beast itself.
The first trailer for Legendary's Godzilla reboot is out, and if you were wondering what to expect, the answer appears to be: "a story of claustrophobic, epic destruction told on a human scale."
With little dialogue -- outside of an opening speech given to soldiers about to drop into a city partially destroyed by the giant monster -- and almost no clear view of the titular monster himself, the trailer creates the impression that next year's movie, helmed by Gareth Edwards, will offer a more serious, realistic Man of Steel-esque take on the giant monster genre than this summer's Pacific Rim, with a surprising focus on the people affected by the rampaging beast.
For those hoping for rubber-suited fun more akin to the original Toho movies, this trailer might disappoint -- but for those ready for a grand scale science fiction summer blockbuster, get ready: Next year might see the competition crushed by a giant mutated lizard personifying man's scientific hubris gone mad.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR