'The Hobbit': Orlando Bloom Says Goodbye to Legolas With Viral Video
The actor sings along to the 2007 online sensation “They Are Taking the Hobbits to Isengard.”
Orlando Bloom has officially left Middle-earth.
The actor wrapped filming on The Hobbit: There and Back Again, the third installment of Peter Jackson’s Hobbit trilogy. And to mark the occasion, Jackson posted a video on his Facebook page of Bloom singing along to the 2007 viral hit “They Are Taking the Hobbits to Isengard.”
The original video centers on his character, Legolas, and has racked up 2.1 million views to date.
“A day after saying goodbye to Gandalf and Tauriel, it was time to farewell Legolas. What a great day it was, with Orlando battling a serious Orc for all 12 hours of shooting - part of the Battle of the 5 Armies for the third Hobbit movie,” Jackson wrote. “When we finally got the day done, we said goodbye to Orlando, had a couple of beers ... and couldn't resist doing this!”
Bloom, 36, was 22 years old when The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring began filming in 1999.
Jackson recently said his goodbyes to another one of his stars, Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf in both trilogies.
The second Hobbit film, which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins and Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the dragon, Smaug, opens Dec. 13 via Warner Bros.
The final installment, There and Back Again, hits theaters Dec. 17, 2014.
Watch Bloom’s take on the video, as well the original, below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama