'Superman IV' Mocked in Parody Trailer (Video)
"The Quest for Peace," largely considered the worst film starring the Man of Steel, gets picked apart by Honest Trailers.
Man of Steel has soared into theaters to the delight of Superman fans everywhere. But the iconic superhero hasn’t always received the big-screen treatment people felt was worthy of the iconic super hero.
Perhaps the worst portrayal of Superman on the big screen is 1987’s Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, the last time fan favorite Christopher Reeve donned the red and blue.
Honest Trailers has dug into the vault to re-examine the 1987 flop, which saw Superman duke it out with Nuclear Man -- an evil clone created from a strand of his hair. In a uniquely Cold War plot, Superman takes it upon himself to rid the world of nuclear weapons -- a move the trailer points out is inexplicably applauded by the U.N.
Among the trailer’s other gripes with the film: Terrible blue screen, Lex Luthor’s (Gene Hackman) inability to pronounce the word nuclear, and Margot Kidder’s strung-out Lois Lane.
Watch the trailer below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game