Melissa McCarthy Joins Seth Rogen in DreamWorks Animation's 'B.O.O.'
Anthony Leondis, who directed and co-wrote the 2008 animated movie "Igor," is directing the project.
Melissa McCarthy has signed on to voice star opposite Seth Rogen in DreamWorks Animation’s B.O.O. (Bureau of Otherworldly Operations), THR has confirmed.
Anthony Leondis, who directed and co-wrote the 2008 animated movie Igor, is helming the project, which is based on his original idea.
According to DWA, “B.O.O. (Bureau of Otherworldly Operations) is the superclassified agency you've never heard of and certainly never seen. Dedicated to protecting humans from evil hauntings, the agents of B.O.O. have a secret weapon: They are ghosts themselves! When newbie agents Jackson Moss (Rogen) and his odd-ball partner Watts (McCarthy) uncover a plot to destroy B.O.O. by the agency's Most Wanted Haunter, they must use every trick in their arsenal to defeat his powerful ghost army and save Earth from a ghostly fate.”
Maryann Garger, whose credits include Astro Boy and Flushed Away is producing. Tom Wheeler (Puss in Boots) wrote the script.
The movie has a June 5, 2015, release date penciled in.
McCarthy previously did voice work on TV’s Kim Possible and did an episode of DWA’s The Penguins of Madagascar TV series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR