Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren Return to Action in 'Red 2' Trailer (Video)
Anthony Hopkins stars as the villain in the sequel to the 2010 action-comedy.
In its trailer, Red 2 promises humor and explosions comparable to its 2010 predecessor. The action-thriller stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren reprising their roles as older-than-average government agents who are nostalgic for their espionage days of yore. Though he has very little screen time in this first trailer, Anthony Hopkins takes over as the film’s villain, a Cold War scientist.
The trailer suggests that the sequel will follow the same basic plot as the original; a retired Frank Moses (Willis) and his girlfriend, played by Mary-Louise Parker, are thrust into danger when it is revealed that he is at the top of Interpol’s most wanted list. He recruits the help of the conspiracy-believing, fellow ex-agent Marvin Boggs (Malkovich), and hilarity ensues.
Robert Schwentke will not be directing this installment; Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) will be in charge of the sequel. Red 2 has the same screenwriters, Jon and Erich Hoeber, and is loosely based on a graphic novel of the same name by Warren Ellis. Red 2 also stars Catherine Zeta-Jones as Moses’ former love interest.
The trailer for Red 2 is definitive proof that Mirren playing a cold-blooded M-15 agent with a comically large assault riffle makes for great entertainment.
Red 2 has a scheduled theatrical release date of Aug. 2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws