Ryan Gosling Stars in Bloody 'Only God Forgives' Trailer (Video)
The actor reunites with "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn for the Thailand-set crime drama.
Ryan Gosling and Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn are back together with the first trailer for Only God Forgives.
Like his previous collaboration with Refn, Gosling once again seems to be playing a tough guy of few words, in a film the star recently told The Hollywood Reporter was "much more extreme" than Drive. Gosling plays Julian, an exiled American running a boxing club in Thailand as a front for a drug business.
The trailer for the crime drama starts with a voiceover from Gosling’s mother (Kristin Scott Thomas), saying he was “different” during her pregnancy with him, and that “they wanted me to terminate, but I wouldn’t.” Cue footage of Gosling causing trouble around Thailand.
The excitement online has been palpable. Among the trailer’s enthusiastic reviewers was Lost’s Damon Lindleoff, who tweeted:
“That new Ryan Gosling trailer makes me want to SHAKE RYAN GOSLING AND SCREAM 'WHY ARE YOU RETIRING!?!' AND THEN FRENCH HIS MOUTH!”
The film is slated for a July 19 release. Watch the trailer below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty