- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sales of Anthony Bourdain’s books have spiked upon news of his death.
Six of the top 10 selling books on Amazon currently are by Bourdain, including Kitchen Confidential, the best-selling memoir from 2000 that transformed him from a little-known chef into a celebrity. Also in the top 10 are Medium Raw (No. 4), Appetites: A Cookbook (No. 5), another edition of Kitchen Confidential (No. 7), A Cook’s Tour (No. 8) and Anthony Bourdain’s Les Halles Cookbook (No. 10). Nasty Bits, another Bourdain title, is at No. 29.
Before his death, Bourdain’s books were selling about what one might expect of older backlist titles. Kitchen Confidential was the highest-ranking at No. 3,692. The others ranged from the 30,000s to the 400,000s in sales rank. The jump in sales also means that the top of Amazon’s “Movers and Shakers” list of books whose sales have risen the most in the last 24 hours is also dominated by Bourdain’s books.
Bourdain, 61, was found dead Friday in a hotel room in France. His employer CNN reported the cause of death as suicide. In addition to being a best-selling author, Bourdain hosted numerous food-related TV shows, including CNN’s Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, which was filming in France at the time of his death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day