- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Through our rigorous testing protocols, breakthrough COVID-19 cases have been detected with the company of Aladdin at The New Amsterdam Theatre. Because the wellness and safety of our guests, casts and crew are our top priority, tonight’s performance, Wednesday, September 29th, is canceled,” the production tweeted this evening.
All tickets will be refunded and production officials will communicate the status of future performances on Thursday.
“We will continue to provide support to the affected Aladdin company members as they recover,” the tweet added.
This marks the first Broadway cancellation due to COVID-19 since shows resumed on the Great White Way. Theaters began reopening this summer, and larger musicals, including Chicago and Hamilton, returned earlier this month.
Important information regarding tonight's performance. pic.twitter.com/zVHzgHuuSi
— Aladdin the Musical (@aladdin) September 29, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day