- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
DC Entertainment will censor a panel of full-frontal male nudity in future issues of Batman: Damned No. 1, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
However, there are 115,000 print copies already in circulation that do somewhat show Bruce Wayne’s privates.
This particular issue of the DC Black Label series, the first original material from the company’s new mature readers line of comics, made headlines after it was revealed that Wayne took off his Batsuit and all was shown in one panel, illustrated by artist Lee Bemejo. The art got more attention when Late Night host Seth Meyers mentioned the comic Wednesday night on his NBC show.
A source close to the project told THR it was decided later that the nudity did not add to the story and would be removed in future printings.
The panel in question was always censored on digital comics platforms.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Billie Eilish Slams Critics Who Called Her a “Sellout” for Being More Feminine: “Let Women Live”
How Amber Ruffin’s Mission to Have Fun Helped “Destroy and Then Rebuild” ‘Some Like It Hot’ for Broadway
‘Succession’: Why Kendall Is Wearing a Flashy Richard Mille Watch and Cousin Greg Rocks a Rolex “Pepsi” GMT