- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney Press has signed YA author Leila Howland to write an original middle-grade novel based on the Tangled movie and forthcoming animated TV series.
The original Tangled film, a spin on the Brothers Grimm Rapunzel fairy tale with Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi voicing the leads, was released in theaters in 2010 and grossed $541 million worldwide.
Tangled Ever After, a short film sequel, debuted in 2012. The Tangled TV series, which is set to debut in 2017, takes place between the events of the two movies and features the voices of Jeffrey Tambor, Ashley Judd and Richard King, in addition to Moore and Levi.
Howland is the author of several well-regarded YA novels, including the Nantucket Blue, Nantucket Red and Silver Sisters series. Hello Sunshine, the story of a prep school girl whose college rejections lead her to pursue an acting career, is forthcoming in July.
Howland is repped by Sara Crowe at Pippin Properties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day