- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“In light of of the recent news regarding Mark Halperin, the Penguin Press has decided to cancel our plans to publish a book he was co-authoring on the 2016 election,” the publisher said.
The still-untitled book was set to be published in 2018. Earlier on Thursday, HBO canceled plans to adapt the book into a miniseries.
The actions are fallout from a CNN story in which five women allege Halperin sexually harassed them while at ABC News in the late 1990s and 2000s.
Halperin and Heilemann previously wrote two best-selling campaign books: 2010’s Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime covered the 2008 presidential campaign and was made into an HBO miniseries; and 2013’s Double Down: Game Change 2012, which covered Barack Obama’s re-election campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
THR Cover Story