- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The production, directed by Maria Friedman, is currently playing a sold-out run at New York Theatre Workshop through Jan. 22. It came to New York after runs on London’s West End and at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
This is the first Broadway revival of Merrily We Roll Along, after it premiered on Broadway for a short run in 1981. The musical, which features a score by Sondheim and a book by Furth, follows three friends, played by Radcliffe, Groff and Mendez, and travels backwards through time to follow them over three decades of working in entertainment.
A revival of Sondheim’s Into the Woods is currently playing on Broadway and a revival of Sweeney Todd is planned for Broadway this spring.
Sonda Friedman Productions, David Babani, Patrick Catullo and Jeff Romley will produce Merrily We Roll Along on Broadway.
The revival also features Krystal Joy Brown, Katie Rose Clarke and Reg Rogers. Choreography is by Tim Jackson and orchestrations are by Tony Award winner Jonathan Tunick.
Exact dates and the Broadway theater where Merrily We Roll Along will play will be announced at a later date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day