- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Spy (Knopf) by Paulo Coelho
Agent: Monica Antunes (Sant Jordi Asociados)
The Brazilian writer known for abstract inspirational tales like The Alchemist turns his attention to Mata Hari, executed as a German spy 100 years ago. Inspired by newly released documents, this World War I thriller, out in November, has modern appeal.
In Twenty Years (Lake Union) by Allison Winn Scotch
The best-selling author of The Theory of Opposites is back with a female-centered update on The Big Chill. Six Penn alums reunite after 20 years to mourn the death of frenemy and group ringleader Bea and revisit old grudges and buried secrets.
This story first appeared in the July 22 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day