- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Women in the Castle (William Morrow, March 28) by Jessica Shattuck
April’s top Indie Next List pick is about three German widows whose husbands died trying to kill Adolf Hitler, rebuilding their lives after WWII. It follows a provocative March 24 New York Times essay from the author about her grandmother, a Nazi.
Honey Girl (Sky Pony Press, 2015) by Lisa Freeman
Agency: Sandra Dijkstra Lit
Moonlight meets Gidget in this ‘70s-set YA tale (and May sequel) of a bisexual teen girl who moves to Santa Monica and gets caught up in the surf scene. The author, daughter of Hawaii Five-O creator Leonard Freeman, mined her own upbringing for inspiration.
This story first appeared in the March 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day