- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
French Girl With Mother (Counterpoint) by Norman Ollestad
Agency: Alchemy Ink, Rob Weisbach Creative Management
This page-turning thriller is described as Body Heat meets Swimming Pool with an injection of Patricia Highsmith: An artist follows an enigmatic Frenchwoman to her family’s isolated estate and is sucked into a web of sexual treachery, betrayal and crime.
Ollestad previously received critical acclaim for his 2009 bestseller Crazy For The Storm: A Memoir Of Survival.
I’ll Take You There (Metabook/Harper) by Wally Lamb
Debuting as an enhanced digital book two days before its Nov. 22 release, this is a timely ode to women. A film scholar is visited by the spirit of pioneering director Lois Weber, who helps him to review key moments of his life and the women behind them.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 4 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Van Cleef & Arpels
Marlene Dietrich’s Iconic Van Cleef & Arpels Ruby and Diamond Bracelet Sells for $4.5M
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
New Spider-Man Book Reveals Exclusive Concept Art Behind Hit Film
Jodie Comer Stops Her Broadway Show, Citing Difficulty Breathing Due to NYC’s Air Quality; Other Shows Also Affected