- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard (Random House)
Winston Churchill, action hero. Before he was the portly cigar-chomping prime minister of England during World War II, he pulled off a daring prison escape during the Boer War, crossing through enemy territory with just a little cash and a chocolate bar.
Myopia by Richard Dent (Dynamite Entertainment)
A successful Kickstarter campaign backed by George R.R. Martin and Margaret Atwood helped Dent’s steampunk-inspired series land at Dynamite. The story follows a man who, armed with special lenses that make him nearly invisible, sets out to save the world.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 14 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
New James Bond Travel Experience Will Create Exclusive Activities Inspired by ‘Casino Royale,’ ‘Spectre’ and More 007 Films
Christian Siriano Sent Drew Barrymore ‘Flower Power’ Pieces from His New Fashion Line for HSN
power stylists 2023
Megan Thee Stallion, Riley Keough and the Fanning Sisters Attend The Hollywood Reporter and Jimmy Choo’s Power Stylists Dinner