- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Dec. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
The Things We Keep (St. Martin’s) by Sally Hepworth
Agency: Rob Weisbach
The Australian novelist evokes Still Alice and The Notebook with the story of a 38-year-old with early-onset Alzheimer’s who falls in love with a young male patient at her assisted-living facility — and the single mother risking her job to keep them together.
The Couple Next Door (Pamela Dorman Books) by Shari Lapena
Agencies: ICM, The Helen Heller Agency
The psychological thriller has nabbed more than 20 foreign-language sales during the past two weeks, including a two-book U.S. pact. Centering on a young couple who leaves their daughter at home to visit their “friendly” neighbors, Lapena’s debut is primed for a film deal before it hits shelves in fall 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day