- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Whistler (Doubleday) by John Grisham
Agency: Paradigm/The Gernert Company
With his latest debuting at No. 1 on the best-seller list, the writer of The Firm remains one of the most reliable names in publishing. Here, an investigator for the Florida Board of Judicial Conduct and a disbarred lawyer pursue a judge taking huge mob payoffs.
The River at Night (Gallery) by Erica Ferencik
Agent: Sean Daily/Hotchkiss & Assoc.
This Deliverance-esque debut thriller already is attracting attention from producers ahead of its January debut. When four middle-aged women run into trouble seeking adventure on a whitewater rafting trip in Maine, their local saviors prove sinister.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
, the scientist, the soldier,” says Holland. “Now it’s time to see the kid.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day