- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Dec. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
The Expatriates (Viking) by Janice Y.K. Lee
Agencies: ICM, The Park Literary Group
The former Elle editor’s follow-up to her 2009 period best-seller The Piano Teacher depicts three American expatriates in Hong Kong struggling with marriage and motherhood, and it has publishing insiders buzzing ahead of its January unveiling.
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto (HarperCollins) by Mitch Albom
Ripe for a big musical feature or a Broadway adaptation, the Tuesdays With Morrie author’s latest book weaves a mystical tale about the power of music through the life of a talented fictional guitarist who influenced music’s biggest icons (including Hank Williams, The Beatles and Elvis Presley).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day