- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Number One Chinese Restaurant (Henry Holt, June 19) by Lillian Li
This comic debut set in a beloved D.C.-area restaurant features sparring brothers, illicit lovers and scheming staff — echoing other broad-appeal Asian-American stories that have recently caught Hollywood’s eye (Crazy Rich Asians, The Wangs vs. the World).
She Was the Quiet One (St. Martin’s Press, July 18) by Michele Campbell
Agency: ICM Partners
Elite New England boarding school. Check. Wild rich kids. Check. Hazing. Of course. Campbell’s follow-up novel to It’s Always the Husband offers a twisty teen-led plotline that’s a throwback to Cruel Intentions and Wild Things.
This story first appeared in the June 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day