- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lewandowski is said to have shopped a book with the working title Let Trump Be Trump as far back as March. Multiple bids came in, with HarperCollins topping the list with an offer of $1.2 million.
But when news leaked, Lewandowski got cold feet. Since his firing, he has renewed — or tried — to renew HarperCollins‘ interest.
But according to Politico, the publishers pulled its offer when Lewandowski declined to show them the restrictive non-disclosure agreement he signed with Trump when he joined the campaign.
Lewandowski denied to Politico that he was shopping a book. The Trump campaign and HarperCollins are declining to comment.
While some expressed skepticism at the size of the offer, $1.2 million might be judged as a reasonable offer for a book by someone as controversial as Lewandowski and one with a real insider’s view of Trump, who has emerged as the most covered candidate in the 2016 election.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day