- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Xbox Entertainment Studios has hired a head of unscripted programming.
Former AMC executive Ari Mark has joined the Santa Monica-based company, overseeing unscripted content for the studio led by Nancy Tellem, the company announced Thursday.
Prior to joining Xbox, Mark helped launch the AMC’s entry into unscripted programming, developing series such as The Pitch, Talking Dead and Comic Book Men. He is also responsible for the upcoming Game of Arms, which will premiere later this season, in addition to AMC’s first docudrama
Mark also worked at Embassy Row as director of development and as manager of development at the Sundance Channel.
In December, Xbox Entertainment Studios ordered its first original series, from Oscar winner Simon Chinn and Emmy winner Jonathan Chinn, which follows a string of original installments exploring the digital revolution, including new and different topics that have yet to be examined. The series is expected to debut later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day