- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A brush fire covering 34 acres broke out Saturday afternoon above the Warner Bros. studio lot in Burbank.
As of Sunday, the Barham Fire remains active and 15 percent contained. According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, there have been no civilian injuries, but one male firefighter sustained a non-life threatening injury to his arm and was taken to a hospital in the area.
Earlier in the afternoon, the progress of the fire stopped with ground and air crews continuing to fight the perimeter of the fire.
“The containment goal remains within a ‘box’ west of Forest Lawn Cemetery, east of Coyote Canyon Drive, south of Forest Lawn Drive and north of Wonder View Drive,” LAFD spokesperson Brian Humphrey said in a statement.
The fire began near Barham Boulevard and Forest Lawn Drive. No building structures have been damaged or are threatened, according to the LAFD.
While there have been no formal evacuations ordered, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. Entertainment told The Hollywood Reporter that the lot was evacuated on Saturday afternoon “as a precautionary measure” by the studio.
Actor Scott Eastwood took to Instagram to share that despite being ordered to evacuate, his father, Clint, stayed to continue because there was “work to be done.”
This is from a couple hours ago. Security told us to evacuate the studio. But my 89 year old father said. “No were good, There’s work to be done. ” then we went into the mixing stage and all watched his new movie @richardjewellfilm As he would say, get back to work and shut up. *True story*. By the way it was a Saturday
A post shared by Scott Eastwood (@scotteastwood) on
Composer Christopher Drake tweeted about the lot’s evacuations, writing, “Had to evac my studio at Warner Bros for the first time ever due to smoke from the #Barhamfire right behind the studio lot. WB is on total lockdown at the moment.”
— Christopher Drake (@DrakeFilmScore) November 10, 2019
As for Universal Studios Hollywood, there are no evacuation orders in effect for the theme park or nearby studio lots.
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti shared a statement on Twitter, urging those in the area to “be aware of emergency vehicles and firefighters.”
— Mayor Eric Garcetti (@MayorOfLA) November 9, 2019
Burbank police shared a photo of the blaze, seen below.
— Burbank Police (@BurbankPD) November 9, 2019
The fire’s cause is under active investigation. The LAFD stated Sunday morning that the fire was 15 percent contained.
Nov. 10, 12:48 p.m. Updated with Scott Eastwood post.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Taraji P. Henson