- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK (AP) — Adele Morales Mailer, an actress and artist who studied under Lee Strasberg but found unwanted fame as the stabbing victim of her then-husband Norman Mailer, died Sunday at age 90 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, according to her daughter, Danielle Mailer.
The cause was pneumonia, Danielle Mailer told The Associated Press on Monday.
Adele Morales Mailer and Norman Mailer had been married six years when he stabbed her with a penknife after a party in 1960 at their Manhattan apartment.
The widely reported incident left her in critical condition, with wounds in her abdomen and back. Norman Mailer was indicted for felonious assault and later received a suspended sentence after pleading guilty to third-degree assault.
The Mailers, who had two children, divorced in 1962.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day