- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The five living former presidents of the United States came together to rally support for those affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas.
Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush appeared in a short clip for One America Appeal to ask for donations of support.
“Hurricane Harvey brought terrible destruction, but it also brought out the best in humanity,” Clinton says. Obama follows, saying, “As former presidents, we wanted to help our fellow Americans begin to recover.”
“Our friends in Texas, including Presidents Bush 41 and 43, are doing just that,” Carter says.
“People are hurting down here, but as one Texan put it, ‘We have more love in Texas than water,’ ” said the younger Bush. “We love you, Texas,” said father George H.W.
All donations made to the One America Appeal will go to the Houston Harvey Relief Fund focusing on the greater Houston region, and the Rebuild Texas Fund assisting communities across the state. Funds collected will go into a special account at the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library Foundation to ensure all the proceeds go to help victims of Hurricane Harvey.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day