- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actors Ansel Elgort and filmmaker Catherine Hardwicke will be honored at the 7th annual Thirst Gala for their dedication to the Thirst Project, which helps to provide clean water to necessary communities.
Both Elgort and Hardwicke are among Hollywood talent including Anna Kendrick, Nat Wolff, Bella Thorne, Olivia Munn and Naya Rivera who have supported the organization. Last year, Elgort raised over $100,000 from his fans as his birthday wish to bring clean water to Swaziland. Fans were able to score Twitter shoutouts and even a lunch date with Elgort depending on the amount of the donation on his Prizeo page.
Hardwicke’s new film, Miss You Already, stars Drew Barrymore and Toni Collette, whose character works for the Thirst Project in the film. The organization’s CEO, Seth Maxwell, is also featured in a scene where he discusses the global water crisis.
The nonprofit is the largest youth water organization aims to provide clean water to developing nations and impoverished communities across the globe. The organization has provided more than 285,000 people in 13 countries with clean water over the last six years.
The Thirst Gala will take place on June 13 at the Beverly Hilton. Last year, the benefit raised over $250,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jeriana San Juan