- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony Anderson is headed to the desert.
The Black-ish star will host his first annual Anthony Anderson Celebrity Golf Classic May 21-22 in Palm Desert, Calif. The charity tournament — set for Bighorn Resort and produced by Hammond Entertainment — will benefit the American Diabetes Association, Los Angeles Mission and Boys & Girls Club of America.
Already confirmed to join Anderson at his golf outing are celebrity guests Don Cheadle, George Lopez, Ken Griffey Jr., Beverly Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Reggie Theus and Cedric the Entertainer.
“The primary mission for the Anthony Anderson Celebrity Golf Classic is to benefit non-profit organizations that support children, young adults and adults in areas of health, wellness, faith and mentorship,” Anderson said in a statement. “After many years of playing in other classics and supporting charitable causes around the world, the time has come for me to finally host my own. I have hopes that this tournament will become a prestigious two-day event of great golf, great fun, laughter and most importantly, charitable giving to causes near and dear to my heart.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day